What a great topic for the beginning of the year! I have so many books I'm looking forward to! I always find some favorite debuts every year too. Hopefully I'll get through all of these as part of the 2015 Debut Author Challenge. Here are my top ten (more or less) picks:
1. Lock & Mori by Heather Petty. (Goodreads) Anything Sherlock Holmes related I tend to find intriguing and this one sounds fabulous!
2. The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall. (Goodreads) I've had this one on my tbr for a while now. "Forbidden love and code-breaking, masked balls and explosions, destiny and dark secrets collide in this romantic thriller, in the vein of a YA DaVinci Code." What's not to love?
3. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. (Goodreads) This just sounds like a fabulous fantasy and I love those. I also like the play off of Alice and Wonderland.
4. A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas. (Goodreads) I love anything fairy tale related. This one is the story of what happens after Sleeping Beauty wakes up. I'm looking forward to it!
5. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey. (Goodreads) Otherworldy creatures, a battle, and a phoenix? Plus, referencing Cassandra Clare? I'm there. :)
6. Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout. (Goodreads) This sound fun, humorous, sweet, and quirky. The Anna and the French Kiss reference doesn't hurt either.
7. Monstrous by MarcyKate Connally. (Goodreads) This is another one that I've had my eye on for a while. I love the two groups of people and the play off of Frankenstein.
8. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. (Goodreads) A Thousand and One Nights retelling? Yes, please! I grew up reading The Arabian Nights. I also love that this is a foreign setting (for me). I've got fairly high expectations, so hopefully I won't be disappointed.
9. The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker. (Goodreads) Anything remotely similar to Graceling I ten to love. With wizards, "witches, ghosts, pirates, and all-too-handsome healers," what more could I want in a fantastical tale?
10. Court of Fives by Kate Elliott. (Goodreads) It just sounds intriguing, especially with a forbidden romance between two different races/classes.
What debuts are you most looking forward to this year?